- Identifying and assessing the environmental and energy aspects related to our activities considering the results of life-cycle assessment and implementing the required programs to minimize the environmental impact and enhance the energy efficiency of our operations.
- Implementing a Management System in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 14001 and ISO 50001, and continuously improving its suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Meeting or exceeding applicable regulatory and industry requirements and regularly assessing our compliance level, aiming for zero spills and environmental releases and reduction in permitted emissions.
- Enhancing the competence and the environmental awareness of our people through training and career development and motivating them to perform their duties in an environmentally friendly and compliant manner.
- Measuring our environmental and energy performance and setting objectives and targets towards continual improvement.
- Participating in industry organizations and collaborating with industry stakeholders with the aim of improving the environmental and energy standards in the shipping industry.
- Supporting the procurement of environmentally friendly and energy–efficient products and services and pursuing the incorporation of designs with enhanced energy performance.
- Making our policy available to all employees and other interested parties, regularly reviewing it to ensure robustness and effectiveness and encouraging our stakeholders to reduce their environmental impact.
Consequences for failure to comply with this Policy include termination of employment, as well as liability for criminal, civil, and administrative penalties resulting from such non-compliance.